Huge: What The White House Plans To Do About Chinese-Owned TikTok Spying On Americans

(Right Country) – The left made a lot of hay about what they claimed was “teens on TikTok” who tried to claim tickets President Donald Trump’s Tulsa rally and then not show up to give the impression that his support was waning.

This, they claim, prevented thousands of Oklahoma Trump supporters from showing up to the rally.

As Zero Hedge explains, however, “we later learned that it didn’t really go down like that. And even NYT social media reporter Taylor Lorenz urged readers to accept her reporting with a grain of salt. Still, CNN was happy to run with the story.”

Of course, the grownups in the room have been highly concerned about the TikTok for some time, and it has nothing to do with Trump rallies.

It has to do with the fact that it is Chinese-owned, and Americans are unwittingly giving the one-party nation’s spy network access to their phones and data.

Way to go, teens on TikTok.

Now, as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Fox News Host Larua Ingraham during a Monday evening interview, the administration is “looking into” actually banning the app in the US.

WaPo, in their coverage of the interview, noted that the comments came after the purported TikTok teen sabotage of the Trump campaign.

They perhaps somehow missed the previous occasions on which Pompeo, a noted China hawk, has warned about the app.

As Zero Hedge amusingly comments, “At this point, we wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the White House sees this as a bunch of gullible American teenagers being manipulated like a gang of ‘useful idiots’ by the CCP. Notably, Kellyanne Conway’s teenage daughter is now using the app to thoroughly embarrass the bejeezus out of her mother by airing the family dirty laundry in public.”

Zero Hedge concludes:

India recently banned TikTok and dozens of other Chinese apps, and Ingraham was simply asking if the Trump Administration, which has been ratcheting up the pressure on China, might consider pursuing a similar tack.

“We’re certainly looking at it,” Pompeo said, adding that the administration was taking the issue “very seriously.” “With the respect to Chinese apps on people’s cellphones, I can assure you the United States will get this one right.”

But he added: “I don’t want to get out in front of the president, but it’s something we’re looking at.”

Asked if he could endorse Americans downloading the app to their phones, Pompeo replied: “Only if you want your data in the hands of the Chinese Communist Party.”

If you have any doubts about whether TikTok is working to expand the influence of the CCP in the US, give this WSJ story published last month a read…

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here